ALWAYS CLOSE AND LOCK THE DOOR BEFORE DRIVING VEHICLE DO NOT MOVE VEHICLE WITH DOOR IN THE UNDER ROOF POSITION
When in operation it is a large moving object, therefore, to ensure safe, reliable and continued operation, the following cautionary directions and periodic maintenance instructions must be observed.
Operate door only when correctly adjusted and free from obstructions.
High-pressure cleaners or solvents can damage the door.
If the door becomes difficult to operate or completely inoperative, it must be repaired immediately by an approved agent. Particular care should be given to the counter balance and cables.
Repair and adjustment can be hazardous and should only be performed by an approved agent.
Daily:- A general visual inspection of the shutter should be carried out, with specific attention to the cable along the full length.
Replace any frayed or otherwise damaged cables.
Ensure regular checks and maintenance on items shown below (Every 6-8 weeks)
- All nuts, bolts, screws and rivets to be checked for tightness.
- Check all rollers operate smoothly, replace worn or damaged rollers.
- Replace frayed or worn Pull Straps. DO NOT attach anything to the Pull Strap.
- Where lock mechanism is fitted or controlled by a keyed cylinder lubricate the cylinder, ONLY with manufacturer’s recommended lubricant.
- Other parts of the lock mechanism can be lubricated with light oil.
- Tracks must be clear of grease and dirt.
- Check roller shutter operation, lubricate roller shafts, bearings, hinges, tracks and spring with light oil (not grease) the use of aerosol sprays is not recommended as this may wash away the lubricant packed in the roller bearings.
- Check door panels (inside and out) for gouges or paint chips, and repaint as needed.
- If you repaint, check and if necessary re-adjust tension on lifting mechanism to restore ease of operation.
With thanks to JR Industries for their assistance